Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Building blogs five: Say that one more time?

I have now officially experienced what I have read so much about, answering the questions about a public charter school.  I really do not mind.  As a matter of fact, I love sharing the positive experiences we're having with everyone.  But I must say, it is a bit overwhelming.

Today I finally said to someone, just give me a  little bit to gather my thoughts- as I've repeated myself of the same answer to many other people these past two days.  Ten minutes, I got the same question again and kindly answered it lol.

However the initial reaction is the same from everyone.  The immediate response is this, "Oh so it's homeschool".  At this point I'm thinking.. were you listening to me? lol.  I simply say, eh okay kind of.. I guess..   Then I repeat the public charter school explanation, and by this point my answer is clear.

I am pleased to say I have had no negative responses.  Which makes me happy but I do know that at some point, I will come across one.  And when that time happens I will be ready. With patience, kindness, love and understanding to their own perspective.  On another note, the sarcastic part of me will be very quiet and not say, butt out.. haha :)

Overall we are very pleased with our decision to go with OCA.  Our first Livelesson was very cool and my daughter is loving the assignments.  I am finding it not be as overwhelming as I'd imagined and doing well with handling my own classwork.  I greatly encourage everyone to look into CA.  I will gladly keep passing on the word, not matter how many times I am asked. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment