Monday, August 23, 2010

Building blogs four: First day

Here we are on the first day of school with OCA.  My daughter was up and ready to roll at 7a.m. this morning, all by herself.  Asked for breakfast, was dressed and ready.. for the first time.  Normally she is my itty bitty slacker.. mope around and not really enthused to do much. Not this morning though!

I had everything wrote down that we needed to gather and do today, last night.  So we'd be set.  I'm keeping a notebook/journal as we go along.  That was a great suggestion, thanks CA via facebook.  This will definitely help me go back and review my own notes and what we've done.

Now the fun part, figuring out why the desktop computers in our house randomly turn themselves off.  Yup, even her school computer is doing it.  If I were a bit more paranoid than the average joe, I'd think some paranormal thing was messing with me, heh.  I am trying to get this problem solved though, as it's rather annoying when your working hard on something, and the computer just restarts itself.  We'll get that figured out, and hopefully soon.

So anyway, we are set on our first day! Our first live lesson is at 9:30 this morning, it will be neat to see.  The bell system we have here is pretty nifty.  I was able to set it up to only go off on certain days/hours and set the bells. So we have what I like to call "pretty tones" instead of harsh wake you up ones.  Also, I incorporated some other fun things that even the almost two year old can do with us.  I have a flag in the room, and hung up the pledge of allegiance so we say that and a prayer in the morning.  We are also doing a stretch after breakfast to help get our bodies motivated.  And of course the normal book and nap in the afternoon.

With all that said, we are going to rock this first day.  Now, let's see how the rest of the week goes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment