Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Building Blogs Three: Ready, Set, Go!

Okay, so I had planned to post pictures of our classroom setting. However it has not happened because my cord for my camera had gotten misplaced.  Well the cord was found, but now the batteries on the camera have failed me. If you're finding this funny, that's okay because so did I.  The irony of how it all worked made me giggle a bit.

That's okay though, because in the meantime, I have been able to take a step back and look at how I had it all set up.  In turn, I made a few changes.  I re-hung posters in some new places and added a few new things.  We also moved an additional shelf into the room to hold the art/craft supplies and misc. school supplies.  It looks very organized and we're very happy with how it turned out.

We recently logged in to the school and I was reading the tips for parents post.  I came across a post that said the mom had found a timer for her computer, that helped them with the time changes throughout the day.  I thought this sounded cool.. not so much for my kindergartner but for myself.  I have a puppy in house training, an almost two year old in potty training and now a kindergartner.. plus I am in college myself.  I need all of the help I can get!

So I looked up Yahoo some school bell timers and found one that suited us well.  It is a trial however it works out great.  I set it with a normal day schedule for us and how we might do things when school starts.  We've been working with it these past few days to help us get used to the schedule, and what the different bell sounds mean.  So far, so good.

I recently was in Indiana and there was an ad for Ollie's department store.  They had school supplies on sale for .35 with rebates.  In the end, some of the items with the rebates ended up as low as .10 each and two of the items were free.

Now we are officially on the countdown to the beginning of school.  I know most moms cry when they're children start kindergarten, however I am very excited.  Almost more excited than she is.  Probably because I know she is ready, or maybe because I'm confident as a family we chose the right school.  Either way, we are counting down the days on the calendar.  School, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm? The bell option sounds pretty cool---pun totally intended! Off to see how this works---I may be back for some assistance! BTW, you have a LOT on your plate it seems--hope you have a successful year!

    ReplyDelete